We had a great time. It was fantastic. A wonderful family holiday.
The itinerary was done well. We were happy about the rest day and suggest that you recommend that to people …We consider ourselves to be pretty fit but were quite tired at the end…
Our favourite place to stay was the conservation centre… where we had the best food…The next B&B…was lovely. The hosts were friendly without being intrusive and the accommodation arrangements suited us perfectly.
The information pack was great.
Our tips for walkers:
– Consider building in a rest day;
– Two of us walked in runners which was fine as it was fairly dry and the path is so well established but next time I would bring proper walking boots.
– For kids: make sure their boots have been well worn in. Blisters are probably inevitable no matter how well worn the shoes are so carry proper blister dressings.
– Also for kids: they also need to be “walked in” beforehand: at least a few long walks a week (min. 10km) for at least a month. This is how we prepared our two seven year olds and they did marvellously but we would have had a miserable time with them if they had not put in the hard work beforehand. I do note recommend the walk for children of this age unless they are (i) very enthusiastic; (ii) easily motivated; and (iii) have been properly prepared.
– We saw a number of snakes…. Walkers should carry a good first aid kit that contains a compression bandage…
Thanks for all. We would not have missed it for the world! Kindest regards,
Anne Galleghar – Jan 08